Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Sprinkled Donut Crunch Cereal Review

I've been hearing on Twitter all about some of the new cereals that have come out around the holidays such as Sugar Cookie Crunch. I'm staying with my parents for the holidays, so when my mom asked me what to get from the grocery store, I requested Sugar Cookie Crunch. She couldn't find it, but my dad came back with this instead.

I decided to give it a try... although I had to hide it behind a section of the newspaper while I ate it because my five-year-old nephew is not allowed to eat sugary cereal for breakfast. (He is allowed to eat a pecan pie cookie five minutes after eating his nutritiously plain Cheerios... but I digress...)

I noticed Cap'n Crunch's logo on this cereal right away. It had been about twenty years since I'd eaten Cap'n Crunch. (My biggest memory of Cap'n Crunch is that my brother and I once got this decoder thing that looked like a brown wallet, and it had a little window with a red filter on it. You could hold it over something that looked like a bunch of red dots but had a message written in blue, and you'd see the blue message. Also it had the Morse Code typed on one side of it. Cereal box prizes were so much better back then. But again I digress...)

I poured some into my bowl, and this is what it looked like... sort of like yellowish circles with colored sprinkles.

When I tasted it, the taste of Cap'n Crunch came flooding back to me. I always loved the taste. It was different from most other cereals... it was sweet and corny. Today was no different. It also reminded me of how super crunchy Cap'n Crunch is.

The bottom line is, Cap'n Crunch Sprinkled Donut Crunch is Cap'n Crunch. It smells the same, tastes the same, and crunches the same. The sprinkles are for decoration, but don't add any extra flavor that I noticed. So, if you love Cap'n Crunch, you may want to buy this... but if you don't like Cap'n Crunch, or are indifferent towards it, you can invite another sugary cereal mascot to breakfast instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment