Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Hsppy National Gingerbread House Day!

In honor of National Gingerbread House Day, here is a picture of my gingerbread house! I didn't make it from scratch. My aunt and I bought a kit at Costco. Unlike some of the kits we've had in the past where we had to try to construct the roof and walls, this one came with the basic foundation in place. All I had to do is decorate it. It came with gummy fruit slices, little red and green Christmas trees, little hollies and berries, Christmas lights, red and green icing, and a huge thing of white icing paste. The bad news is that the white icing thing had a hole in one corner, which made it hard to do a fancy job icing things. Also, no matter how much white icing you put on, things just keep on falling off. I can never get my gingerbread houses to look like the ones on the box. The people who make those must use hot glue or something! Anyways, it was fun to make.

No, I did not eat any of the candy. I'm sure it is edible, but it didn't look particularly appetizing to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment