Thursday, December 20, 2018

Angel's Mom's Potato Chip Cookie Recipe

In the spirit of the season, I thought I'd share some of my mom's Christmas cookie recipes. These are going to be relatively short posts, because I am spending some time with my family over the holidays rather than sitting around writing reviews... but I can always find some time for cookies!

This is not necessarily a Christmas cookie, but my mom tends to make it at Christmas. They sort of do resemble snowballs, so you could serve them at a holiday party and call them Snowball Cookies or something. My mom said she got it from a guy she used to work with.

INGREDIENTS
1 lb butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups of crushed potato chips
Powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS

  • Cream the butter and sugar until light in color and thick.
  • Add the vanilla and flour, and mix thoroughly. 
  • Fold in the potato chips. 
  • Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. 




  • Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. 
  • Cool completely. 
  • Dust with powdered sugar. 
  • Eat. 
The result is a ball cookie that is crisp and crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside. It is both sweet and salty. This is the kind of cookie that you can easily eat until you're ready to pop! 


If anyone tries this recipe, I'd love to hear what you think of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment